Thirty four elementary, middle and high school students participated in HC DrugFree’s summer online Life Skills series. They were joined by our instructional team of 3 high school students, 3 college students, a recent college graduate, a parent, and HC DrugFree’s Executive Director. An evidence-based curriculum was followed and team members shared their experiences.
- “I learned A LOT!!!!!!!!”
- “I like the youth team because we can relate to them more and they are closer to age to us.”
- “I learned how to handle strong emotions and how to say no to drugs/alcohol.”
- “I like being taught by the youth team because they explain some thing that happen to them and how to deal with it.”
- “Everybody had their own stories to share which I found interesting.”
- “I learned the dangers of smoking, marijuana, alcohol, drugs, and vaping. I also learned about relaxation techniques for anxiety, and how advertisers can trick you in advertisements. I also learned how to speak up if I am in a situation I am not comfortable in, and to have a trusted adult to call if I am ever in a situation like that.”
- “I learned to say yes to healthy friendships.”
No future Life Skills series is scheduled at this time. More information about school year 2021-22 classes and events will be shared in our newsletter.
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.