Teen Advisory Council
HC DrugFree is seeking high school students to serve on its Teen Advisory Council (TAC)
HC DrugFree's TAC provides the youth perspective to the staff and Board of Directors of HC DrugFree to increase the effectiveness of HC DrugFree's programs, newsletters, website and other services.
TAC is composed of Howard County high school students (public, private and home school) who meet monthly during the school year to discuss and plan more effective ways to help create and promote a drug free environment and to develop educational messages that promote HC DrugFree's vision of a community where teens are drug-free by choice.
This year TAC will have the opportunity to work with the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Administration.
Responsibilities of the Teen Advisory Council will include:
- Discuss ways to promote the HC DrugFree message in schools and throughout the community
- Help create Public Service Announcements (PSAs) to help spread HC DrugFree's message
- Participate in developing programs, newsletter articles, website & brochures
Benefits of Joining the Teen Advisory Council are:
For more information, please click here or contact Joan Webb Scornaienchi, Executive Director, HC DrugFree at email@example.com. To download an application for TAC, please click here.
- Meet new people from other schools
- Gain knowledge of what's happening in Howard County
- Feel empowered to make a difference
- Community service hours available